Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Margarita

Default How to copy Chart and its data to another excel worksheet

I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific
worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it
and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the
other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish
all the links?? Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Margarita:
You can copy an entire worksheet into a new workbook. Assuming yr data and
chart are in the same worksheet, right-click the tab where the name of the
sheet appears (somewhere near the bottom left side), select "Move or Copy..."
in the pop-up menu, select the destination workbook (drop it down under "To
Book") and the rest is automatic. Pls note to check "create a copy" in case
you want to keep yr data/chart in the original worksheet also, otherwise it
just moves.
Good luck.
Br,
Henk

"Margarita" wrote:

I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific
worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it
and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the
other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish
all the links?? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Margarita

Thanks Hek, but my problem really is that I need to consolidate a lot of
different graphs which are currently in different worksheets and workbooks
just into ONE worksheet, so I actually do need to copy just the graphs and
data, not the whole worksheet, is there a way to do that without needing to
re-establish links?
Thanks,
Margarita

"Margarita" wrote:

I need to copy a set of data AND the chart that I made from it to a specific
worksheet in another workbook... but when I try to just select it, copy it
and paste it in the ither worksheet, the source of the data remains on the
other workbook... is there a way of doing it without having to re-establish
all the links?? Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
HEK

Margarita:
If you MOVE the data/chart instead of COPY them, Excel establishes new
links, using to the new cell references to. It doesnt matter whether u start
w/ the chart or w/ the data. In case u want to keep the original, first make
a workbook copy.
Hope this works for you.
br,
Henk