Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Creating scatter plots with and without data

After much trial and even more errors, I have determined:
1) there must be a selected cell somewhere in a workbook at all
times (that is, the only way to de-select a cell is to
select another)
2) sometimes a scatter plot created via VBA is a blank chart (no
source data, no series)
3) sometimes a scatter plot created via VBA contains 1 series with
the Y values set to the activecell

My question is...what is the factor that determines whether 2 or 3
listed above occurs? I create a scatter plot for 2 series and
sometimes get a 3rd blank one as well. The workaround is fairly
simple...if 3 series, delete the 3rd. But I really want to understand
this one.

Thanks,
John

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

This all depends on the code you're using, which you didn't post.

There are some tips about VBA charting on this page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...kChartVBA.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP