Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dezos112

Default Charting help!

Hello all,

I am trying to make a line chart with time intervals on the
bottom of the chart. after i select the data range it shows me the
chart with the correct values and line drawn, however on the bottom of
the graph the dates are all wrong. i have edited the dates and got them
to be the correct times, but now i dont have my line graph or values
they have dissapeared. can someone please help!

thanks

--
Dezos112
Dezos112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33460

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Dezos 112

What type of chart are you using, Line or XY (Scatter)

A line chart uses categorical labels, an XY chart uses numeric value.

If you want to plot your date/time values dimensionally, then you need to
use an XY chart.

When you use a time axis scale for a line chart with day & time data, Excel
plots all points for a day on same X axis location.

With an XY chart, the times will plot correctly.

if you can give us some more details on your problem, I'm sure we can
resolve it.

...Kelly

"Dezos112" wrote in
message ...

Hello all,

I am trying to make a line chart with time intervals on the
bottom of the chart. after i select the data range it shows me the
chart with the correct values and line drawn, however on the bottom of
the graph the dates are all wrong. i have edited the dates and got them
to be the correct times, but now i dont have my line graph or values
they have dissapeared. can someone please help!

thanks

--
Dezos112
Dezos112's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532643

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Dezos112

in the first line of my question i stated that it is a line chart.
number of sales on the y axis and date's on the x axis.

--
Dezos112
Dezos112's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=33460
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=532643

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Many users confuse Line and XY charts.

Line charts can't distinguish time within a day. You will need to use an XY
chart to plot time within a day..

...Kelly

"Dezos112" wrote in
message ...