Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Hammer_757

Default Fixed color gradient

On John Walkenbach’s site, charting area -
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm The chart example at the
bottom of the page has a color gradient that is fixed based on value.
Notice that blue is located in the same level on the chart regardless
of the value (size) of the bar and red only shows up on the highest
bars. However, when I create a color gradient using the method,
described on the page, each bar contains all the gradient colors,
regardless of size.

How can I set up bar graphs like the example?

--
Hammer_757
Hammer_757's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=7413

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Double click the series and on the Patterns tab click the Fill
Effects... button. On the Picture tab set the Stack and Scale value to
the maximum value in your data or y scale.

Cheers
Andy

Hammer_757 wrote:
On John Walkenbach’s site, charting area -
http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip071.htm The chart example at the
bottom of the page has a color gradient that is fixed based on value.
Notice that blue is located in the same level on the chart regardless
of the value (size) of the bar and red only shows up on the highest
bars. However, when I create a color gradient using the method,
described on the page, each bar contains all the gradient colors,
regardless of size.

How can I set up bar graphs like the example?

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting