Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra

Default Chart comparing months between 2 years

I would like to create a chart that shows information for one year from 2
different companies and then show the difference between the 2. Show January
2004 for Company A and show January 2004 for Company B and then show the
difference. Is this possible ? I can't figure it out even after referring to
this link I got off another post.
http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_D...comparison.htm
Thank you in advance,
Debra
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Debra:
What you want to do is possible.

1. We need to set up our data table. I suggest that you make four columns:

Column_1 Column_2 Column_3 Column_4
Date Comp#1 Comp#2 Dif(1-2)

1/15/05 123456 123450 6

I'd use the mid date of month for charting purposes.

2. Next we want to create a chart. I prefer use XY (Scatter), you can use
either XY or Line Chart, your choice.

While there are several ways to do this, I'll walk you through XY Scatter.

a. Select your entire data table, including title row.
b. Press Chart icon
c. Select chart type - try XY scatter. you can change to line latter if you
like
d.You'll be given several chart format and chart location prompts. You can
format or go back later. Keep hitting next until you are at Finish.

You should have your standard Excel chart with legend and your column titles
in legend.

3. You should now be able to format the chart the way you want.

....Kelly

"Debra" wrote in message
I would like to create a chart that shows information for one year from 2
different companies and then show the difference between the 2. Show
January
2004 for Company A and show January 2004 for Company B and then show the
difference. Is this possible ? I can't figure it out even after referring
this link I got off another post.
http://processtrends.com/pg_charts_D...comparison.htm
Thank you in advance,
Debra

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra

Kelly,
Thank you so much. I will try this and post back my results. It will
probably be tomorrow.
Thank you,
Debra

"Kelly O'Day" wrote:

Debra:
What you want to do is possible.

1. We need to set up our data table. I suggest that you make four columns:

Column_1 Column_2 Column_3 Column_4
Date Comp#1 Comp#2 Dif(1-2)