Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Genevieve

Default How do I remove lines from a Pivot Table in Excel?

I have a PivotTable in Excel that I'm using to generate charts from a large
data set. It is currently set up as a line chart, with data points from
similar categories connected between x-values. But since my I'm trying to
plot variables on the x-axis, rather than a scale, I do not want the lines
to appear whenever I re-generate the chart with a different set of variables.
If I remove the lines from the chart, every time I generate a change, the
lines come back. Is there any way to change the default setting that forms
the line chart every time I change the variables and re-form the chart? Or
do I have to create the PivotTable all over again? Any help appreciated
greatly.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Debra Dalgleish

This is a known problem with pivot charts. There's information in the
following MSKB article, which suggests recording a macro as you apply
the formatting:

Changing a PivotChart removes series formatting in Excel
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures