Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Wilfred

Default Pick up date for Charts from the Spreadsheet

I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent
weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from
the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This
title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet.

How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to
manually type it in the title area under Chart Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

Wilfred:

Here' a link to a post I have on dynamic titles that sounds like what you
are looking for.

http://processtrends.com/pg_chart_dy...hart_title.htm

I use a text box and link the box to the chart by activating chart,
entering "=" in formula bar then pointing to source cell.

You can format the text and place where you want on the chart. As an aside,
I prefer this text box approach to using Excel's chart title option. I find
the chart title option takes up more space than is necessary for the title.

As the source cell is updated, the title will automatically be updated.

One last point, you can use a concatenation formula to make your source cell
update as your week changes.

Your source title could be = "Sales Activity for Week Ending " &
Text(A1,"mmmm d, yyyy"). Substitute the actual date cell for A1 in this
example.

...Kelly

"Wilfred" wrote in message
. ..
I have a workbook with one data sheet and several charts which represent
weekly activity. I want to be able to pick up the title of the charts from
the spreadsheet, e.g. "Sales Activity for Week Ending April 7, 2006". This
title information is contained in a cell in the spreadsheet.

How do I get it to display at the top of each chart without having to
manually type it in the title area under Chart Options?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Wilfred

Kelly O'Day, I have three words for you: Awesome, awesome, awesome!!!

Sometimes I post to these newsgroups and get so many tangential replies that
I wonder if it's worth the effort of composing a question. Your answer was
1000% on the mark! Thank you so much. Thanks also for the example. I've
used the Text formula before but I always have to do a lot of trial and
error before I can get it to format the dates exactly the way I want it.

Your reply is perfect!

"Kelly O'Day" wrote in message
[...]

. ..