Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
UMA Engineering

Default Trying to graph more than one data entry per row

I am trying to graph records of vegetation management per year along a
railway subdivision. In the past Lotus was used to do this.
My problem is that for example in y-axis row, I want a bar that starts and
stops in two locations along the x-axis. (therefore if the range of the
x-axis was from 0-100 miles, and I have data from 2-6, and again from 50-80,
and these two sets of data occur in the same year).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

In a chart with one floating bar, you need two series: one for the floating
bar, and one invisible one to provide a space before the beginning of the
bar. With two floating bars and a gap, you need four series, two for the
visible bars, one for the gap between the bars, and one to the left of the
first bar.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______

"UMA Engineering" <UMA wrote in
message ...