Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rianne

Default Modified Box and Whisker

I'm trying to show a LOT of information in as little room as possible. I've
tried to modify a box and whisker chart, but somehow can't get it to work to
my specs.

I'd like to have a Horizontal B&W (solid line with a "foot" on each end),
with labels on each end indicating Min and Max, as well as TWO data points on
each bar indicating average score and actual score. I've gotten everything
except the data points. I can't change an error bar (this chart will be
printed in Black and white so the data points have to be different shapes,
not just colours) I've tried to modify a bar chart, but I'm not sure where
to go...

Please help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Rianne -

Use the technique on this page to add XY series to your bar-oriented
box-whisker chart:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BarLineCombo.html

Essentially you have to add the data as XY series, and plan the Y values so
the points are aligned with the bars.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services - Tutorials and Custom Solutions -
http://PeltierTech.com/
2006 Excel User Conference, 19-21 April, Atlantic City, NJ
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ExcelUserConf06.html
_______