Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
phil clifford

Default vlookup & combo box charts

Hi. My question may be difficult to explain, but here i go. I have a large
set of data which I analyze each week. I have created a vlookup function to
query weeknum & year which presents my data in a nice table format. I then
created a combo box with a "list" of all the colum names of data and "tied
in" the drop down line number into my vlookup function. I can now use my drop
down list to toggle through my data nicely. Here is my problem.

I have a chart which is driven off the data from the vlookup function. As i
toggle through my data with my combo box the chart updates. I'd like to be
able to have the charts do two things. 1-auto scale from something other than
zero on my Y access as i get large gaps below my data lines. 2-I'd like to be
able to have the chart names automatically update/change to whatever data i
am looking at through my combo box.

Phil
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

The chart titles can be linked to cells. depending on how you lookups
are working you may want to use a named range rather than a fixed cell
location.
http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip001.htm

If you haven't already have a look at Jon Peltier's interactive control
charts.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChartByControl.html

Cheers
Andy