Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Brian

Default Finding the value for the point two lines cross

I have a graph of two lines that cross each other at some point. I am trying
to find the value at the point the lines cross.

Is there something in Excel that will help with that? On my spreadsheet i
have used the INTERCEPT formula and have two numbers of where each range of Y
axis values cross the X axis. There is one X axis range and twol Y axs
ranges. That tells me where each Y crosses the X. How do I find where the two
Y's cross.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
James Silverton

Brian wrote on Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:46:27 -0800:

B I have a graph of two lines that cross each other at some
B point. I am trying to find the value at the point the lines
B cross.

B Is there something in Excel that will help with that? On my
B spreadsheet i have used the INTERCEPT formula and have two
B numbers of where each range of Y axis values cross the X
B axis. There is one X axis range and twol Y axs ranges. That
B tells me where each Y crosses the X. How do I find where the
B two Y's cross.

Dare I suggest, given the equations of the lines, algebra?

James Silverton.