Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jsgibbs

Default XY Scatter Y-Axis Formatting

I have the following sample of a data set. The actual data is about 900
rows long.

Difference between send date and open date, and Open time

0 8:15am
0 9:37am
0 1:30pm
1 10:30am
1 4:30pm
2 7:35am
3 8:45am
3 9:46pm
4 5:45am

When I do an XY Scatter, the Y-axis scale is 12am - 12pm for each day
(i.e. 0,1,2...) So in this example there would be five sets of 12am -
12pm, one for 0, one for 1, etc. How do I make the graph so that the
Y-Axis is simply one set of 12am - 12pm and not 12am - 12pm for each day
, and the X-Axis is the difference between send date and open date (i.e.
0,1,2...)? In other words, I would like to see, on Day 0 the email was
open at these times (data point for each), on Day 1 the email was open
at these times...etc.

Thanks so much.

--
jsgibbs
jsgibbs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31966

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Kelly O'Day

I made an XY (Scatter) chart like you described. it worked fine.

I placed the days in Column A and times in column B. I had to reformat your
times so that Excel recognized them. I added a space between last minute
digit and am/pm. Excel showed that it recognized the time by capitalizing.

"jsgibbs" wrote in
message ...