Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

Default Need to format text in header, but value is generated using VBA

Hello,

I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found out how to do that using this function:

Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)

Next WS
End Sub

However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I set it to this format of text?

Thanks for the help!

--Stacey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You can add formatting codes to change font size and bold.

ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
"&20&B" & Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)

Where &B Turns bold printing on or off and &nn Prints the characters
that follow in the specified font size. Use a two-digit number to
specify a size in points.

Use the Help and serach for 'Formatting Codes for Headers and Footers'
for a comprehensive list.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

One more quick question:

I want to keep the same type of text formatting, but I need it slightly
revised so that it actually references two cells and displays them with a
dash in the middle such as:
Q1-Q2

Is this possible? Currently I have it set to display just 1 cell looking
like such:
Q1

Thanks for the help!

I also need to to display the info for two different cells.

Stacey wrote:
Hello,
I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found
out how to do that using this function:
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)
Next WS
End Sub
However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial
Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I set
it to this format of text?
Thanks for the help!
--Stacey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

I found a work around. I created a new cell, combined the other two with a
dash in the middle, and then referenced that cell instead. Thanks!

Stacey wrote:
Hello,
I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found
out how to do that using this function:
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)
Next WS
End Sub
However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial
Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I set
it to this format of text?
Thanks for the help!
--Stacey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

Okay, last time, I promise. I often will select 4 different worksheets and
have them all print at once, and I thought this VBA macro would update all
of them (because they are all active sheets) at the same time. But for some
reason its JUST updating the very first one with the header info. Do you
know why and how I could fix it?

Thanks again for the help!

Stacey wrote:
Hello,
I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found
out how to do that using this function:
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)
Next WS
End Sub
However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial
Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I set
it to this format of text?
Thanks for the help!
--Stacey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi Stacey,

Good to see you worked out the combined cell problem.

Only one sheet is active even if you have multiple sheets selected.

This revision to your code should process all sheets.

Sub X()
Dim WS As Worksheet

For Each WS In Worksheets
WS.PageSetup.RightHeader = _

Stacey wrote:

Hello,
I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found
out how to do that using this function:
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)
Next WS
End Sub
However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial
Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I set
it to this format of text?
Thanks for the help!
--Stacey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

Thanks.
I'm not sure I'm entering the information quite right. I left the portion
at the top that read "BeforePrint" but it wouldn't work when I left it
there. However, when I deleted it, the macro will no longer update. What
do you suggest?

Stacey wrote:

Hello,
I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found
out how to do that using this function:
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)
Next WS
End Sub
However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial
Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I
set it to this format of text?
Thanks for the help!
--Stacey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

Okay, so another quick revision. I found that I leave the portion that
reads "Before Print" and eliminate the part of your code that reads Sub X().

Now the problem I have is that when I select 4 of the worksheets and then
hit Print or Print preview, it deselects the last 3 worksheets and only
updates and prints the 1st one. Then after using the print utilitiy the 3
additional worksheets are no longer highlighted and active. I'm not sure
wha'ts causing this, but I need to be able to update and print all of the
selected worksheets at once.

Stacey wrote:

Hello,
I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found
out how to do that using this function:
Dim WS As Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader = _
Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value)
Next WS
End Sub
However, this leaves my text for this portion of the header at Arial
Size 10 font Regular. I would like it Arial Size 20 Bold. How can I
set it to this format of text?
Thanks for the help!
--Stacey

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Stacey

Thanks. That did make it update prior to printing, but now I appear to have
another problem.

Stacey wrote:

Okay, last time, I promise. I often will select 4 different worksheets
and have them all print at once, and I thought this VBA macro would
update all of them (because they are all active sheets) at the same
time. But for some reason its JUST updating the very first one with the
header info. Do you know why and how I could fix it?

Thanks again for the help!
.. .

Stacey wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi Stacey,

That latest code should not deselect any sheets.
If you want you can email me, off newsgroup, your workbook and I will
have a look see.

Cheers
Andy

Stacey wrote:

Okay, last time, I promise. I often will select 4 different worksheets
and have them all print at once, and I thought this VBA macro would
update all of them (because they are all active sheets) at the same
time. But for some reason its JUST updating the very first one with the
header info. Do you know why and how I could fix it?

Thanks again for the help!
. ..