Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Embedded Chart does not appear on print preview

Please help! I have a worksheet with an embedded chart in it. The
chart background is coloured blue and the pie chart within it is multi
coloured. When I click on print preview I can see the worksheet with a
blue box where the chart is but the multi-coloured pie chart has
disappeared. So it is like the chart background is there but not the
chart itself.

Can anyone explain this?

Kind regards & TIA

Stuart
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Select the chart, from Format menu, choose Selected Chart Area. On
Properties tab, check the Print Object checkbox.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

wrote in message
oups.com...
Please help! I have a worksheet with an embedded chart in it. The
chart background is coloured blue and the pie chart within it is multi
coloured. When I click on print preview I can see the worksheet with a
blue box where the chart is but the multi-coloured pie chart has
disappeared. So it is like the chart background is there but not the
chart itself.

Can anyone explain this?

Kind regards & TIA

Stuart
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Thanks Jon, I wasn't aware of that setting previously BUT it was
ticked. I have unticked it and reticked it to see what happens (the
blue background disappeared and reappeared) but still no pie chart in
the middle.

Stuart

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Sorted it out - sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees. Took
me a while to realise it but previous spreadsheet owner had set hugely
wide columns and massive text font but viewed at a zoom of 12% so it
looked like a fairly ordinary sized worksheet with an ordinary sized
graph. When clicking print preview the graph mustn't be able to resize
itself in that scenario so the reason I was only seeing background was
simply because the print preview of the graph probably only represented
a small corner of the, say, top left or bottom right of the background.
The rest of the graph was "off screen" if you like. Strange one, but
i thought i'd post the answer anyway, in case anyone else ever
encounters this same prob.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

We'll add it to the list of Things to Watch Out For.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services