Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MikeR-Oz

Default Creating Bell Curve Chart

Range of data and I want to create a bell curve of this - HOW?
Mike

26
20
35
16
84.9
15
17
42
36
22
18
26
23
49
19
16
29
20
40
26
18
20
14
45
13
19
128.5
29
16
12

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

You probably want a combination chart, with a column series showing a
histogram of your values and a line series showing a normal distribution
density curve based on the mean and standard deviation of the data.

Tushar Mehta has instructions for a normal probability curve (bell curve) on
his website, http://tushar-mehta.com

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
MikeR-Oz

Thaks Jon, But I had seen this link before but is still all 'double-dutch' to
me. I have the following list of numbers for example:26
20
28
16
84.9
15
17
28
29
22
Where in the link do I start with to use these numbers to create a bell
curve etc. I know how to get the mean, stdev, for this. I can create a column
graph as well I think. But where to for the next step in putting it all
together in a bell curve etc.
Mike

"MikeR-Oz" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Tushar Mehta

Have you looked at
Understanding the Standard Normal distribution and how it connects all other
Normal distribution functions
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ch..._distribution/
#understanding_std_norm ?

Also, to test whether the data represent a normal distribution, you might
want to look at
http://www.usfca.edu/~middleton/demand.pdf

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com