Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
johnny hanlon

Default label the category axis from 0 to 30, step 5 in an excel chart

My excel chart is a graph of Interest's share and Principal's share of each
Monthly Payment of the 360 payments of a 30-year mortgage. It's a nice
continuous graph that shows the point where Principal's share becomes
dominant (at 18.5 years).

All i've wanted to do these past three days is have an x-axis labeled with
tick marks starting at 0, ending nicely at exactly 30 , and with the tick
marks 5,10, 15, 20 and 25 in between.
Why is this so difficult a challenge?
Why did i have to buy that $25.00 dummies book and still not find the answer?

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Right click the x-axis; menu pops up; click on Format Axis
In dialog box, click Scale tab, replace the Man and Max and tick setting by
what you want
DO NOT have a check mark in the Auto boxes
And it that does not work come back for more.
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"johnny hanlon" <johnny hanlon @discussions.microsoft.com wrote in message
My excel chart is a graph of Interest's share and Principal's share of
each
Monthly Payment of the 360 payments of a 30-year mortgage. It's a nice
continuous graph that shows the point where Principal's share becomes
dominant (at 18.5 years).

All i've wanted to do these past three days is have an x-axis labeled with
tick marks starting at 0, ending nicely at exactly 30 , and with the tick
marks 5,10, 15, 20 and 25 in between.
Why is this so difficult a challenge?
Why did i have to buy that $25.00 dummies book and still not find the
answer?

Thanks for the help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Bernard forgot to remind you to make an XY chart, not a Line chart.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services