Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
chowgirl

Default A new twist on web interactivity problem?

All,

Here's what I CAN do, but don't want:

Publish a chart as a web page that also includes an embedded
spreadsheet with limited functionality. Details:

1 - Use Save As Web Page command for chart
2 - In the Save As dialog box, leave Add Interactivity unchecked and
click Publish.
3 - In the Publish as Web Page dialog box, under Viewing Options, check
Add Interactivity With: Chart Functionality (the only choice from my
drop-down).
4 - Click Publish, and the web page opens up with a little embedded
spreadsheet with limited functionality--I can sort, sum, delete, and
change cell data, but I can't add or delete rows or columns.

This embedded spreadsheet has that Excel logo in the upper-left corner,
and when I click that I get a window saying "Microsoft Office Web
Components" with version info, which indicates to me that I DO have
OWC.

The chart, however, has no interactivity with the spreadsheet from
which it was generated.

Here's what I CANNOT do, but want:

Publish a chart as a web page that has interactivity with the
spreadsheet from which it was generated. i.e., if I update the
spreadsheet, the chart updates on the web. This is for company
intranet, not www.

Details:

1 - Use Save As Web Page command for chart
2 - In the Save As dialog box, check Add Interactivity and click
Publish.
3 - In the Publish as Web Page dialog box, under Viewing Options, leave
Add Interactivity UNchecked.
4 - Click Publish, and get a chart that has interactivity with the
spreadsheet from which I generated it. But it ain't happening.

Is this possible?

Thanks.