Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Colin Whiston

Default combination charts - multiple columns

I wish to create a combination bar/line chart using five columns of data -
four to be bar on the primary y axis and one to be line on the secondary y
axis. The chart wizard defaults to three bar and two line. Double clicking on
the line chart in question brings up the format data series dialog box and
allows me to change from seconary to primary axis. However this is still a
line chart and not a bar chart. Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

You can right click the line series and from the context menu pick Chart
Type and select the bar chart type that you want.

With combination charts it is normally easier to create a standard chart
and the use the method above to change chart type for specific series.
Especially if the combination you want is not a built-in combination.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel