Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
stephenclark

Default Bubble Chart Plotting

I am having a problem creating a bubble chart in excel 2000. I am trying
to create a tool for managing projects.
The problem I have is that I cannot get excel to create the bubbles as
an ellipse. (x-duration) and (y-magnitude). It seems that it is only
capable of making circles. Is there anyway around this problem.

Thanks
Stephen Clark

--
stephenclark
stephenclark's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30318

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Stephen -

Excel does not have the capability to make bubbles with different height and
width values. You can make the ellipses by hand (or using VBA), and apply
them as custom markers to points in an XY, Line, or Bubble chart (I'd shy
away from the Bubble, since you're already making custom markers). Do this
by copying the shape, selecting the whole series (one single click) or point
(two single clicks) and pasting. Details can be found he

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...omMarkers.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP