Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
s boak

Default Scatter Chart Question

Hi Folks:

I've made a scatter chart that looks the way I need it to.
When I "hover" the mouse over the data points, I get the point values as I
expect in the yellow box.

My question:
Instead of the data point values, is it possible to get a picture in the
pop-up ??

Many thanks
Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

You don't have a lot of control over the content of these chart tips, beside
turning them on and off.

If you want to customize the labels, you can download the Chart Hover Label
add-in from Tushar Mehta's web site (http://tushar-mehta.com).

To show a picture you will have to recreate Tushar's approach with pictures
rather than text boxes (or rectangles, whatever his program uses). This
means you will have to learn a little about chart events. You might find my
Chart Events article helpful:

http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=221

You use the event code to detect when a point has been moused over. The code
determines which series and point this was, and displays the appropriate
image.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP