Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rajkumar

Default Zero Values in chart

Hi,

Is there any way to avoid displaying zero values in a chart.

Raj

--
Rajkumar

Eager to learn more about Excel
Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2159
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493770

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Bernard Liengme

Assuming you mean you want empty cells not to be treated as zeros:
1) click on chart; use Tools|Options|Chart and specify how you want blanks
to be treated
or
2) replace blanks by =NA()
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Rajkumar" wrote in
message ...

Hi,

Is there any way to avoid displaying zero values in a chart.

Raj

--
Rajkumar

Eager to learn more about Excel
Rajkumar's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493770

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Rajkumar

Thanks Bernard,

But my Source Data is depended on some formulaes,hence when the result
of them returns zero,the same gets displayed in the chart also.

Is there any other way.

I am sure you can help me.

Regards,
Rajkumar

--
Rajkumar

Eager to learn more about Excel
Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2159
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=493770

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Hi,

Use Bernard's suggestion of NA() in your formula. Something like,

=IF(test<0,test , =NA() )

Cheers
Andy

Rajkumar wrote:
Thanks Bernard,

But my Source Data is depended on some formulaes,hence when the result
of them returns zero,the same gets displayed in the chart also.

Is there any other way.

I am sure you can help me.

Regards,
Rajkumar

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Take out the internal "=":

=IF(test<0,test,NA())

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Rajkumar wrote:
Thanks Bernard,

But my Source Data is depended on some formulaes,hence when the result
of them returns zero,the same gets displayed in the chart also.

Is there any other way.

I am sure you can help me.

Regards,
Rajkumar

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope

Thanks Jon, too lazy with my cut & paste :)

Jon Peltier wrote:
Take out the internal "=":

=IF(test<0,test,NA())

- Jon