-   -   Double y-axis scatter plot.....? (https://www.excelbanter.com/charts-charting-excel/58877-double-y-axis-scatter-plot.html)

Chikngizrd

Double y-axis scatter plot.....?

I've encountered a problem that seems like it should be easy but I've
played with it and can't get it to work acceptably.

I have 2 y-variables related to a single x variable. Specifically I'm
comparing Parallax shift to distance and the associated percent error
of distance measurement to the distance.

The x, of course is my actual distance to the star. One y quantity is
parallax shift. The other is % Error.

I can get Excel to do a double y line graph, no problem. My problem
stems from the fact my x data values are not evenly distributed as an
Excel line graph plots them to be. A scatter graph plots correctly but
that only gives me a single y-axis and both lines are plotted against
the same scale.

What I need is a scatter plot that will have 2 y-axis and then I can
insert a trendline for each quantity.

Any help?

--
Chikngizrd

Chikngizrd's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m447
View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2302073

Tushar Mehta

Double y-axis scatter plot.....?

Create the XY Scatter chart. Then, on the chart double-click one of
the series. In the resulting dialog box, from the Axis tab select
Secondary.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

[...]

Thanks, :)

I can't believe I didn't see that! :rolleyes:

--
Chikngizrd

Chikngizrd's Profile: http://www.hightechtalks.com/m447
View this thread: http://www.hightechtalks.com/t2302073

Tushar Mehta

Double y-axis scatter plot.....?

In article ,
says...

Thanks, :)

I can't believe I didn't see that! :rolleyes:

--
Chikngizrd

You are welcome. Happens to the best of us.