Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
jawn

Default Change all data markers (excel chart) to triangles in one command

There must be some command which tells a new chart to randomize colors and
symbols- this can look junky. I would llike to find a way to change all
symbols simultaneouly to various shapes until I find what makes the chart
most read-able.
thankyou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

It's not a single command. You need to loop through the series in a chart
and apply colors and symbols as you see fit. This procedure cycles among the
marker shapes in a line or XY chart:

Sub RotateMarkers()
Dim srs As Series
Dim NewMarker As Long

Select Case ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).MarkerStyle
Case xlMarkerStyleCircle
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleDiamond
Case xlMarkerStyleDiamond
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleSquare
Case xlMarkerStyleSquare
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleTriangle
Case xlMarkerStyleTriangle
NewMarker = xlMarkerStylePlus
Case xlMarkerStylePlus
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleStar
Case xlMarkerStyleStar
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleX
Case xlMarkerStyleX
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleCircle
Case Else
NewMarker = xlMarkerStyleCircle
End Select

For Each srs In ActiveChart.SeriesCollection
srs.MarkerStyle = NewMarker
Next
End Sub

- Jon