Leo Bueno

Default two scatter plots with two trendlines on one chart

I know how to do a scatter plot and create a trend line for it.
Straightforward graphing function.

However, I have *two* data sets (with different number of data points)
that I would like to compare. Obviously, I can do a chart for each
and put them side by side.

Problem: I would like to display a scatter plot for each set with a
trend line for each on the *same* chart using Excel 2000.

Thanks.

Jerry W. Lewis

Create an "XY (Scatter)" chart with one of the data sets. Select the
chart and "Chart|Add Data" to add the second data series; make sure that
the "Categories (X Values) in First Column" option is checked, if
appropriate. Select one of the data sets on the chart and "Chart|Add
Trendline" to add a trendline for that data set only. Repeat for the
other data set.

Jerry