Borgas

Default How to rotate a line-chart?

Is there a way to rotate the chart 90 degrees clockwise. The chart is as
I want it to be only tilted. I've tried to approach the problem by
changing the in-data (switching the values with the category) but that
just made things worse, - because i have several functions in the same
chart.

--
Borgas
Borgas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28660

Borgas

its a line-chart showing several different pressures at different depths
(for example water pressure, earth pressure and so on). The x-axis shows
the depth and the y-axis the pressure. Now I want the depth to be shown
where the y-axis is but keep it as a category-axis - So the problem
would be solved if i could just tilt the whole chart, or does anyone
have other ideas to solve the problem???

--
Borgas
Borgas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=28660
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483325

Dav

You could try plotting the data on a XY scatter chart. You can still
format the series and join up the points to create a line. You would
just have to make sure that you swap what is plotted as X and Y

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

Tushar Mehta

I would imagine that a plot of pressure vs. depth would be far more
appropriate on a XY Scatter chart. The name potentially is misleading
since it is possible to connect the points of a series of a XY Scatter
chart. Just select the appropriate sub-type.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

its a line-chart showing several different pressures at different depths
(for example water pressure, earth pressure and so on). The x-axis shows
the depth and the y-axis the pressure. Now I want the depth to be shown
where the y-axis is but keep it as a category-axis - So the problem
would be solved if i could just tilt the whole chart, or does anyone
have other ideas to solve the problem???

--
Borgas
Borgas's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=483325