mjones

Default Charting Features

Hi,

I'm having to re-create a 3D barchart (vertical bars) in Excel which
was built in Ilustrator by designers. The chart has to be editable by
many different users by updating the data. Some users have Excel 2003
and others have 2002. My question is can Excel handle it or should I
look at third-party software? Here are some of the features I'm
struggling with:

- spacing between bars to vary (i.e. space between Y-axis and then next
two bars together)
- full-range of color choices everywhere by RGB or hex code (i.e.
heading, grid lines)
- 3D shading of the bars (i.e. the top and side will be a lighter or
darker color)
- good resolution for the grid lines (i.e. mine shows jagged lines)
- altering the side of the legend's colored squares
- having a small horizontal line extend toward the values shown on the
Y-axis

I'd really appreciate any comments. I need to control my client, but
on the other hand, I need to know what is possible.

Thanks,

Michele