Mandy S

Default ##### Date in Excel

Please can anyone help me.
I Microsoft Office XP
I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
Each entry had a date in column B
Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B have
changed to #######.
If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back

Many many thanks

Mandy x

Mandy S

"Mandy S" wrote in message
Please can anyone help me.
I Microsoft Office XP
I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
Each entry had a date in column B
Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B
have changed to #######.
If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back

Many many thanks

Mandy x

Please ignore, I was being a dumb blonde

David Biddulph

"Mandy S" wrote in message
Please can anyone help me.
I Microsoft Office XP
I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
Each entry had a date in column B
Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B
have changed to #######.
If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back

Try increasing the column width (for example, Format/ Column/ Autofit
selection).
--
David Biddulph

Jon Peltier

Mandy -

###### usually means the cell isn't wide enough to display the value in the selected
number format. Double click on the line between this column's header and the header
to the right, and the column will autosize to display the data properly.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Mandy S wrote:

Please can anyone help me.
I Microsoft Office XP
I had a very long list (about two thousand entries).
Each entry had a date in column B
Before I reformatted my PC I saved the document.
When I put it back on my PC after the format all the dates in column B have
changed to #######.
If I point the mouse curser over each entry it shows the original date
Can anyone PLEASE tell me is there a way to get thses dates back

Many many thanks

Mandy x

Piranha

Hi Mandy,

Try widening your column, or highlight the column and go to
Format, Column, AutoFitSelection.

Dave

Piranha's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=20435
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=474630