Mike Hogan

Default Draw Objects in Charts

I have a Workbook where I enter my Blood Pressure on a daily
basis and plot it on an X-Y chart over time. The chart
automatically expands the X-axis as new data is entered.
I recently changed medication and placed a draw object
(vertical line with a caption) at the appropriate date.

The problem is that as the X-axis expands and the time
between tick marks contracts, the draw object stays at
the same position and I have to move it to the correct
date tick mark. As the marks become more compressed,
it has become difficult to move the object to the exact
date.

Is there any way to lock a draw object to a specific
data point so it remains at the same relative position?

Thanks for any help.

Mike Hogan
Andy Pope

Use an additional data series to draw the line rather than a drawing object.
There are numerous examples of adding datum lines to charts here.
http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Mike Hogan

Andy,
Thanks very much. It was quick and easy, just 4 data entries and
a series name. I guess I should have figured that out for myself,
but I only use charts occasionally and have to relearn the
process each time. Thanks again.

Mike

Hi,