ladee_bird

Default best curve fitting

Hi,
Maybe someone out there can help me!
I have a list of 500 experimental values. I also have a list of 500
predicted values which I predicted with an excel mathematical model I
generated. The excel model lets me change certain variable values which in
turn regenerates and gives me a new set of 500 numbers each time a variable
is changed. I wish to figure out which set of variables genertates a data set
which most closely matches my experimental data. At the moment I have the
data on numerous line graphs to visualise and some sets of variables look
very similar. How would I statistically evaluate these data sets to reveal
which is in fact the best fit?
Many thanks for reading this. I hope I've made it clear and understandable.

Mike Middleton

ladee_bird -

One approach is to go to groups.google.com and search for "excel solver
curve fit" (without the quotes).

Please do not post in multiple newsgroups (without letting us know).

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com