cloosh

Default sorry, im new at excel but cant find this anywhere

Okay hey guys. The problem I'm having is with a line graph. I have two
lines. I have 8 rows of data, but I have no idea how to change the
numbers on the axis for both the x and the y. What it is doing is on
the X-axis it has 1-8 in increments of one. This is because I have 8
rows of data. What I WOULD like is for it to show up as (each tick) is
increments of 500 labeled at every 2000 increment. I hope you guys get
what I'm saying. I have no idea how to change this, and I have looked
for a long long time. I appreciate your help.

--
cloosh
cloosh's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27224

Jon Peltier

Paste your data as text into a reply to this post.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

cloosh wrote:
Okay hey guys. The problem I'm having is with a line graph. I have two
lines. I have 8 rows of data, but I have no idea how to change the
numbers on the axis for both the x and the y. What it is doing is on
the X-axis it has 1-8 in increments of one. This is because I have 8
rows of data. What I WOULD like is for it to show up as (each tick) is
increments of 500 labeled at every 2000 increment. I hope you guys get
what I'm saying. I have no idea how to change this, and I have looked
for a long long time. I appreciate your help.

rmellison

Create a column of data next to your original data with 8 entries, 0, 500,
1000.... upto 4000. Right click on your chart and select Source Data|Series
Tab, and at the bottom should be an option for category (x) axis labels.
Enter the cell range you have just created in here.

Right click on the x-axis and select Format Axis|Scale tab. Deselect the
first check box 'Value (Y) axis crosses between categories'. Change 'Number
of categories between tick mark labels' to 4. Bobs your uncle.

Hope that helps.