Philipp Andre

Default Linked colums and more

Dear all,

I am currently unable to solve the following issue.
Column J is made up of numbers (1-100), each representing a certain code.
Column I is made up of the time needed for the specific code. Time can be
repetitive, and will change; meaning that a special code is not assigned a
certain time.

I am in particular interested in 33 (out of the 100 possible) codes.
After having tried to create a new column with an OR statement I have
encountered a restriction to 30 logical statements...

How can I increase this?
Or do you have another idea?/ approach?

In general I would like to "extract" the time depending on the code.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Philipp
bj

did you try nesting the ors
=or(or(a1=x1,A1=X2,...A1=X25),or(a1=x101,A1=X102,. ..A1=X125),or(a1=x201,A1=X202,...A1=X225))
you can make it read more

"Philipp Andre" wrote:

Dear all,

I am currently unable to solve the following issue.
Column J is made up of numbers (1-100), each representing a certain code.
Column I is made up of the time needed for the specific code. Time can be
repetitive, and will change; meaning that a special code is not assigned a
certain time.

I am in particular interested in 33 (out of the 100 possible) codes.
After having tried to create a new column with an OR statement I have
encountered a restriction to 30 logical statements...

How can I increase this?
Or do you have another idea?/ approach?

In general I would like to "extract" the time depending on the code.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Best regards,

Philipp

Jon Peltier

Take a look at the lookup functions: VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, INDEX, MATCH.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services