Ali Baba

Default Rearrange a formula

How do I write a code to chart functions in this form

After arrangement
2*x+xy = 4 y = (4-x)/x

3+xy +x = 0 y = -(3+x)/x

So I just want the user to enter the function, then excel will plot it.

I know how to plot the function after it has been rearranged, but what I
don't know is how to rearrange the function to plot it

Can anybody hep

Thanx
Jon Peltier

Both Stephen Bullen (http://oaltd.co.uk) and Tushar Mehta (http://tushar-mehta.com)
have "Plot Formula" utilities on their web sites. I know Stephen's works on a
formula entered as text into a cell, and I'm sure Tushar's does the same.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Ali Baba wrote:

How do I write a code to chart functions in this form

After arrangement
2*x+xy = 4 y = (4-x)/x

3+xy +x = 0 y = -(3+x)/x

So I just want the user to enter the function, then excel will plot it.

I know how to plot the function after it has been rearranged, but what I
don't know is how to rearrange the function to plot it

Can anybody hep

Thanx

Ali Baba

My question is how to rearrange the formula to plot it. I know how to plot it.

The program by Tushar Mehta can only plot an equation of this form:
y(x) = .................

But what I want is something which allows the user just to enter any
equation of this form, for example, to get it plotted
3*xy + x =2

You may say why don't you just ask the user to enter the rearranged
equation. Well, I want excel to do the job not the user. That's why I want
your help to write the code.

thanks Jon
Jon Peltier

Do you understand what you're asking? Can you envision the magnitude of
what you're asking? A routine like this which would parse a formula,
entered in any possible way, would be a huge undertaking, and I may be
understating it.

- Jon
-------