Chicago Secretary

Default Excel Capabilities in Word

Can a table created in Word do an Autosum (Excel) if so how or should the
chart be created in Excel and then moved to Word, if I do that will the
Autosum feature still work?
Jon Peltier

Word's tables have some rudimentary capabilities. For example, I just
created a table in Word, 4 rows by 4 columns. I put numbers into the
first three cells in the first column. In the bottom cell of this
column, I went chose Field from the Insert menu, clicked on the Formula
button, and the default formula was =SUM(ABOVE). Looked good, so I hit
OK, and this formula calculated the sum of the column. Similarly, I had
numbers in the first three cells of the top row, and the default formula
for the top right cell was =SUM(LEFT).

Now that you know where to look, I bet you can figure out what you need.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services