Junior Member

Question Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?

I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.

I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is unclear. Any help much appreciated!
Attached Images

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Best way to create a chart w/ xy axis, quartile circles and point plots?

On Friday, March 2, 2012 7:56:51 AM UTC+13, Jennlax27iga0 wrote:
I am looking to create a chart with an x-y axis where each quadrant
represents a different category (to receive a rating). There should be
four concentric circles representing the quartiles (so the
circles/borders would represent 25%, 50%, 75% 100%). I have a chart that
calculates provider ratings for each category and in what quartile (what
exact %) they fall. I want to put this all together to get an overall
picture, but am unsure of the most direct/easiest way to do so.

I have attached an image I drew that is basically what I am looking to
create in an Excel chart- I'm happy to answer any questions if this is
unclear. Any help much appreciated!

|Filename: ChartExample1.jpg |
|Download: http://www.excelbanter.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=302|

Jennlax27iga0

One way would be to make an image of the circles and Categories in a drawing program like Paint.Net and set it as the Format Plot Area - Fill. Then set your axes to go through the middle of it.
xt
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I've put an example at http://www.mediafire.com/?6wmg88htqf9twjz using a polar chart I had hanging around xt