perolav

Default Calculate y-value from chart

Hi,
I have a set of data, 100 x-values with corresponding y-values. Only
about every third of the y's have a value, but by letting excel
interpolate the graph, I can see how the graph should look like.

My questions a
1. Can excel give me the formula to the graph it has drawn? Something
like: "Show Equation"?

2. Is there a way to find out the y-value to a corresponding x-value?
The graph has no standard-form, ie. it's not a parabel, so I don't know
if I can use "trend" or "forecast"? The form of the graph is highly
irregular, but excel managed to draw the graph, so it must know all
it's y-values?

Please ask if anything is badly explained.

Thanks, perolav

--
perolav
perolav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26163

Bernard Liengme

We would need to see the data to answer this - if the curve is smooth I
expect a trendline can be found.
Send me file - my email not the group
--
Bernard V Liengme