Svetlana

Default hide column but show chart

Hello,

I use Excel 2003.

I want to show people a chart from an Excel sheet on my computer.
These people will only come and watch what I show them on the monitor
but will not receive my Excel file.

The chart represents a pie with different percentages of prices listed
in a column. The column and the chart are on the same sheet.

It is okay if people see the chart (no prices on it, only percentages)
but I don't want them to see the column with the prices.

I tried to group or hide the coulumn with prices but as soon as do it
then the chart disappears.

Is there a simple way to have the column and the chart on the same
sheet and temporarily hide the column and keep the chart?

Thanks.

Sveta
Andy Pope

Select the chart and then use the menus Tools Options.
On the Chart tab of the dialog is a 'Plot visible cells only', which you
can uncheck.

Cheers
Andy

--