Qiset

Default Data selection on line chart

I'm collecting data but only want to chart the last 60 points on my line
chart.
To do this I have to manually update the series value information in
the source data.
for example: I have 176 rows of data and the chart series
value is "=sheet1$b$117:$b$176" if I add a new row I have to
change this to "=sheet1$b$118:$b$177".
Is there any way to use a variable for this? say LRD is the last row
of data
could I change this value statement to be "=sheet1$b$(LRD-59):$b$(LRD)
so that anytime I add a new row it would update the chart?

thanks,

Qiset
Qiset's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25865
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=394545

Andy Pope

You need to use dynamic named ranges. See Jon's explanation which you
can modify to plot the last 60 instead of last 12 periods.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/DynamicLast12.html

Cheers
Andy

Qiset wrote:
I'm collecting data but only want to chart the last 60 points on my line
chart.
To do this I have to manually update the series value information in
the source data.
for example: I have 176 rows of data and the chart series
value is "=sheet1$b$117:$b$176" if I add a new row I have to
change this to "=sheet1$b$118:$b$177".
Is there any way to use a variable for this? say LRD is the last row
of data
could I change this value statement to be "=sheet1$b$(LRD-59):$b$(LRD)
so that anytime I add a new row it would update the chart?

thanks,

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Qiset