Mangesh Yadav

Default Autoscaling on XY chart

Hi,

Is VBA the only solution to autoscale axis in an XY plot...? I would like to
set the min and max for my x-axis as my data changes. (I know how to do it
through VBA).

Or is there any other short-cut?

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP

Andy Pope

Unfortunately you can not link the min/max of the scale to cells
directly. I think VBA is the only approach to dynamic updating of those
properties.

Cheers
Andy

Mangesh Yadav wrote:
Hi,

Is VBA the only solution to autoscale axis in an XY plot...? I would like to
set the min and max for my x-axis as my data changes. (I know how to do it
through VBA).

Or is there any other short-cut?

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Mangesh Yadav

Yes, thats true. But I remember vaguely that Tushar Mehta had suggested some
method quite some days back. I may be wrong, it could be for some other
chart type (and not XY).

Mangesh

Mangesh Yadav wrote:
Hi,

Is VBA the only solution to autoscale axis in an XY plot...? I would

like to
set the min and max for my x-axis as my data changes. (I know how to do

it
through VBA).

Or is there any other short-cut?

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Mangesh Yadav

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for the response. I have already checked the addin on your link, and
I don't want to go that way.
I think what I was refering to was probably some other chart type. Anyway,
if I ever find it tou, will let you know.

Mangesh

"Tushar Mehta" wrote in message
om...
The only option that comes to mind is an add-in that works 'behind the
scenes.' See
AutoChart Manager
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/so...art/index.html

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...

Mangesh Yadav wrote:
Hi,

Is VBA the only solution to autoscale axis in an XY plot...? I would

like to
set the min and max for my x-axis as my data changes. (I know how to

do
it
through VBA).

Or is there any other short-cut?

--
- Mangesh
Office 2003 & Windows XP

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Paolo

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:10:05 +0530, "Mangesh Yadav"
wrote:

Hi Tushar,

Thanks for the response. I have already checked the addin on your link, and
I don't want to go that way.
I think what I was refering to was probably some other chart type. Anyway,
if I ever find it tou, will let you know.

Mangesh

The only other way I can think of is to create a "fake" data set that
only contains the data that fall within your boundaries and then let
the chart auto-scale options sort it out.

i.e. if you want the "x-axis" to be from 5 to 10 then you'd filter out
any data points where the x value was outside this range.