Chetoos

Default hyperlink to Chart

Dear experts,
I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go
directly on that
charts).
I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this
does not work for charts...

I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks
resident at one sheet (like indexing)

Andy Pope

You can not hyperlink directly to chart sheets. You can use VBA code
though. Jon Peltier has more information on the subject.
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Hyperlinks.html

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Andy Pope

It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
mimic the action of a hyperlink.

Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?

Cheers
Andy

Chetoos wrote:
I donno why it doesnt work ? :S

Hi,

Chetoos wrote:

Dear experts,
I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go
directly on that
charts).
I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this
does not work for charts...

I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks
resident at one sheet (like indexing)

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Chetoos

Hello Andy;

Yea , the second one , i tried the code and doesn work ; donno why

"Andy Pope" wrote:

It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
mimic the action of a hyperlink.

Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?

Cheers
Andy

Chetoos wrote:
I donno why it doesnt work ? :S

Hi,

Chetoos wrote:

Dear experts,
I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go
directly on that
charts).
I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this
does not work for charts...

I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks
resident at one sheet (like indexing)

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Chetoos

becouse i have many chart sheets , and i wanna make hyperlink to each chart
sheet at the one sheet , is that possible , and if possible would you olease
give me example for;
Many Thx for your time;

"Andy Pope" wrote:

It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
mimic the action of a hyperlink.

Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?

Cheers
Andy

Chetoos wrote:
I donno why it doesnt work ? :S

Hi,

Chetoos wrote:

Dear experts,
I would like to reference a chartsheet(S) where you can click to go
directly on that
charts).
I have done it for some worksheets with the "hyperlink" function, but this
does not work for charts...

I want do this for many charts (at many sheets) , but want the hyperlinks
resident at one sheet (like indexing)

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Jon Peltier

List all your chart sheets in the table of contents worksheet, and
adjust the code so it points to the entire range of chart names. If they
are listed in cells C3:C12, for example, change this line in the sample code

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("B2")) Is Nothing Then

to this

If Not Intersect(Target, Range("C3:C12")) Is Nothing Then

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"Andy Pope" wrote:

It doesn't work because it's not been built to. You have to use code to
mimic the action of a hyperlink.

Or do you mean you tried the code and it didn't work?

Cheers
Andy

Chetoos wrote:

I donno why it doesnt work ? :S