miner99er

Default Ternary diagrams with excel

I need to plot ternary diagrams, does anyone know of a addin? I have been
trying the addin of Julien Furrer "Trixcel". Two problems, instructions are
in French and it crashes alot with larger datasets.

I need other suggestions please, thanks,

kevin
MrShorty

Perhaps if you gave a little more detail on the kind of ternary diagram
you're after.

In my field (Chem Eng), I use ternary diagrams to show phase diagrams
for three component mixtures. There are two basic "flavors" of ternary
diagrams: one based on an equilateral triangle and one based on a right
triangle. I find that it is easier to use a right triangle, because
you don't need to apply any kind of transformation to the raw data.
You just need to plot a diagonal for the third axis. An equilateral
triangle isn't difficult, but you have to apply a transformation to the
raw data so they plot up correctly, hide the normal Y axis, and plot up
series for 2 axes.

None of this is built into Excel that I could ever find, but it isn't
too hard to get Excel to do it.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181