EAS

Default Can I make a graph with side-by-side pie charts?

I have two series of data from different years, and I'd like to make pie
charts out of each of them and show them side by side. Can i do this? I have
Excel 200.
Jon Peltier

I'm not sure Excel 200 had pie charts, but this procedure works for anything later
than about Excel '95.

Make one chart, format it how you like, copy and paste it, and change its data.
Arrange the two charts side by side.

This works for embedded charts. If you need a chart sheet, select a blank cell away
from any data, and press the F11 key. This creates a blank chart sheet. Go back to
the data, run the chart wizard, and in step 4, select As Object In, and choose the
name of the blank chart sheet from the dropdown.

You might also try a 100% stacked column chart, which puts the data side by side in
an easier to compare arrangement.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP