Rachel

Default How to break scale when numbers are wide range?

I have data that would be similar to a=2, b=5, c=100, d=10. How do I chart
that without losing the 2? I want the scale to "break" (have a squiggly line
through the 100 column) to be able to show the 2, 5, and 10.
Jon Peltier

Rachel -

I show one way, and link to a couple of others, on this page:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Rachel wrote:

I have data that would be similar to a=2, b=5, c=100, d=10. How do I chart
that without losing the 2? I want the scale to "break" (have a squiggly line
through the 100 column) to be able to show the 2, 5, and 10.

Rachel

Thanks, I found your website shortly after I posted. I worked on the data at
home last night and was doing ok until the section where I went to get the
add-in from appspro.com. I must have done somethingwrong in setting up the
secondary range because my scale stayed extremely small.