SteW

Default range of data from different sheets

I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different
sheets.
I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph.
Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way
to have a range of data spread over various sheets?

I hope that makes sense!
Tushar Mehta

For any given series, for any given set of values (x or y) the data
must be on the same sheet. Other than that, you can have data on
multiple sheets.

So, for one series you could have the series name on one sheet, the x-
values on a 2nd sheet, and the y-values on a third sheet. However, the
x-values themselves cannot be on multiple sheets. The same applies to
the y-values.

For example, a series formula could look like:
=SERIES(Sheet3!$A$2,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$5,Sheet1!$B$3:$ B$6,1)

Similarly, for another series the data could be on 3 more sheets.

Tushar Mehta
www.tushar-mehta.com
Custom MS Office productivity solutions

In article ,
says...
I'm having trouble creating a graph because the data is spread on different
sheets.
I've got a new sheet for each month and I'd like to produce a trend graph.
Do I have to bring each set of numbers onto the same sheet, or is there a way
to have a range of data spread over various sheets?

I hope that makes sense!

Jon Peltier

You can use formulas to compile the values onto a single sheet:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...iffSheets.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP