Stacey

Default Q about Line Graphs

I encountered a problem while I was trying to plot a line graph with
several lines. My data looks something like this:

T, Line1, Line2, Line3
0, 0, 0, 0
1, 2, x, x
2, 3, 4, x
3, x, x, 5
4, 6, 9, 6

Where the x-axis is time (min) and the y-axis is volume total. My
problem is that since there are no values in certain places (as
designated by 'x'), the lines will not join up to the markers. The
reason I do not want to fill in the boxes with the previous value is
because there will be a marker at every single point. So how can I
connect the lines without adding redundant values?

Thanks, Stacey

--
Stacey
Stacey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24201

Jon Peltier

If the cells appear blank because they contain a formula that results in
"" in some cases, change "" to NA(), which produces an ugly #N/A error
in the cell, but which allows for the line segment to cross the gap.

Hide the errors using conditional formatting, as Debra Dalgleish
demonstrates:

http://contextures.com/xlCondFormat03.html#Errors

- Jon
-------