Xaver Hinterhuber

Default How to draw an line chart starting at column 1

Hello,

I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

How can I do that? It always looks like that:

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

Greets

Xaver

Andy Pope

Double click the x axis and on the scale tab uncheck the "Value (Y) axis
crosses between categories".

Cheers
Andy

Xaver Hinterhuber wrote:
Hello,

I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

How can I do that? It always looks like that:

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

Greets

Xaver

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Bernard Liengme

You have made a Line chart when you seem to need an XY chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Xaver Hinterhuber" wrote in message
Hello,

I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

How can I do that? It always looks like that:

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

Greets

Xaver

Xaver Hinterhuber

Hello Andy,

if I uncheck "Value (Y) axis crosses between categories", then I get the
following
line chart:

| +
| +
| +
+
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

But I want the line chart to start at "2".

Greets

Xaver

Xaver Hinterhuber wrote:
Hello,

I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

How can I do that? It always looks like that:

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

Greets

Xaver

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info

Xaver Hinterhuber

Hello Bernard,

thanks. Your tip works as expected.
I've got one additional wish. I want the first label to disappear.
So the chart looks like this:

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | |
2 3 4

Is this possible?

"Bernard Liengme" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
You have made a Line chart when you seem to need an XY chart
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"Xaver Hinterhuber" wrote in message
Hello,

I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

How can I do that? It always looks like that:

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

Greets

Xaver

Andy Pope

Then as Bernard pointed out you need to use the XY scatter chart and
then Set the scales Min value to 2.

Cheers
Andy

Xaver Hinterhuber wrote:
Hello Andy,

if I uncheck "Value (Y) axis crosses between categories", then I get the
following
line chart:

| +
| +
| +
+
|________
| | | |

Xaver Hinterhuber wrote:

Hello,

I want to draw a line chart that looks like the following

| +
| +
| +
| +
| +
|________
| | | |
1 2 3 4

How can I do that? It always looks like that:

| +
| +
| +
| +