Duncan Landreth

Default How to format an isolated value and gridline on my graph?

I want to highlight a goal value on a 3D chart. I would like to highlight a
single value on the value axis and the corresponding major gridline. How can
I do this?
Jon Peltier

Duncan -

First, your ability to apply certain embellishments to a 3D chart is
severely limited. I always recommend against 3D charts for this reason,
and for the reason that they tend to distort the presented data in order
to get the 3D effects. Depending on your goals, distortion might not be
a bad thing <g, but I tend to shy away from it.

In a 2D chart, you can add a point, then use an error bar as a gridline,
and apply a data label to the point with the value you're highlighting.
The following web pages describe how this can be done:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/...Gridlines.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP