Dharsh

Default Sort order for chart only and not on spreadsheet

Hi there! I neet to plot a simple graph with the data below

Candidate Score
A 4
B 3
C 7
D 1

The relevent numbers (are actually scores) keep getting updated for each
candidate. I want my graph to plot it in the order of highest score to
lowest (whilst keeping my spreadsheet in the same order A,B,C,D . . .)
every time I update the score (automatically) without me having to change it
everytime I do it.
I have 32 entries. Can I use a macro to do this
Can anyone pls help me plssssssssssss

Thanks so much in anticipation

Dharshanie

Jon Peltier

You could have another range on the worksheet, out of sight, that
performs a sort of the data (use functions like LARGE in conjunction
with VLOOKUP or INDEX/MATCH). Chart based on the hidden data, but
display the unsorted data.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

Dharsh wrote:

Hi there! I neet to plot a simple graph with the data below

Candidate Score
A 4
B 3
C 7
D 1

The relevent numbers (are actually scores) keep getting updated for each
candidate. I want my graph to plot it in the order of highest score to
lowest (whilst keeping my spreadsheet in the same order A,B,C,D . . .)
every time I update the score (automatically) without me having to change it
everytime I do it.
I have 32 entries. Can I use a macro to do this
Can anyone pls help me plssssssssssss

Thanks so much in anticipation

Dharshanie

Jon Peltier

John Mansfield has an example of this kind of chart on his blog,
http://pdbook.com/index.php/excel/

I'd find you the page, but the server says it's offline now. But you can
do what I would have done: search for the word "sort" on his site.

- Jon
-------