Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Static Chart Data Range

Excel-2007, simple line chart:

I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84. Whenever
I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How do I
keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows into
the workbook?

I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I would recommend creating a blank row 2, and hiding it. Then, when you
insert a new row, you'll be inserting within the boundaries, instead of
moving the boundaries.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M
"Bandit292" wrote in message
Excel-2007, simple line chart:

I have a chart that displays several columns of data for rows 2:84.
Whenever
I insert a new row #2, the new data range for the chart is now 3:85. How
do I
keep a static data range for my chart (2:84) whenever I insert new rows
into
the workbook?

I have tried editing $A$2:$E$84 to A2:E84 and then saving the changes ...
but it is an excercise in futility, it always reverts back to $A$2:$E$84.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

See this website:
http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/ne...l#PartialRange

There are a few methods to customise the chart range. I believe one of the
examples is what you are looking for.