Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default Pie of Pie Chart type with smaller pie showing slices of main slic

Hi

How can I do the following:

Lets say I have the following labels and data
For the main pie I have A,B,C labels with A =5, B =10, and C =20. So my
main pie would show 3 slices with C being the largest slice.

To do this I highlight the 3 labels and their data and choose Insert, Pie,
Pie in a Pie to show a main pie on the left with 3 slices and a smaller solid
pie to the right with series lines connectiing them.

I want to show the solid smaller pie on the right in several slices to show
how the C slice of 20 is broken down. lets say the main slice C of 20 is made
up of C1=3, C2=3, C3=3, C4=4, C5=4, C6=3
so I want my smaller pie to the right to not be solid but show 6 slices.

So I want a main pie with 3 slices on the left with the small pie with 6
slices on the right; those 6 slices make up the main pie's C slice.

Thank you!!!

Craig

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Your original data needs to be A, B, and the 6 parts of C. Create a Pie of
Pie Chart.

Format one of the chart series, go to the option tab. Set "Second plot
contains the last" to 6 values.

On a side note, pie charts are rather notorious for distorting data, and pie
of pie is even worse. Perhaps a bar/column chart would be better? You could
stack all the C values togther if the direct comparision of A-B-C is
desired.

--
Best Regards,

Luke M