Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

Default 2 chart types within a graph

I have a chart with three data series. Two of them I want to stack together,
and a third to stand on its own. When I select the data series that I want to
stack, it stacks all three data ranges, even though I've only selected one
data series, not all of them. I can't figure out how to do this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting

I made a stacked column chart of this data
Where x y z
a 1 4 4
b 2 5 5
c 3 6 6
d 4 7 7
Then I right clicked the z data series on the chart, selected Chart Type and
made it a Line
Worked just fine. It works for any of the three data series - not just the
top one.
Let us know if it works for you. What version of Excel are you using?
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP